Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Roasted Tomato Spinach and Quinoa Bowl



Feta is my favorite cheese. 
Praise the Lord it is often too expensive for me to buy....
except right now, 
at Aldi's, 
where it is on sale for $1.49 for 8oz 

I bought 3 


SO now I am using it in everything:
Salads, wraps, breakfast, and now this quinoa dish. 

Ingredients:

1/2 cup dry Quinoa, rinsed very well!
5-8 cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/8-1/4 cup onion, minced (I used dried minced onion I had in my spice rack ~1 tbs)
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, just adds spice)
1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 tbs olive oil
Handful of spinach
salt and pepper to taste.
3-5 tbs crumbled feta cheese

 **Feel free to double/triple this recipe to serve more people. I ate the whole thing and was REALLY FULL but REALLY SATISFIED ***
Directions:

Heat a small pot with the 1tbs olive oil on Medium-High. 
Add sliced cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper to your liking, and saute until wilted.
Add onion and cook through. Add minced garlic cloves and mix all  for 1 min (Not cooked through) 
Add 1 cup chicken or veggie broth, red pepper flakes, quinoa, and salt and pepper to your liking. Bring to a boil for 1-2 min. 
Lower heat and simmer for 15 min. 
Blend in handful of spinach and simmer for 5 more min. 
Remove from heat and fold in feta cheese. 


ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment