Friday, March 1, 2013

Zucchini Tots

Another great snack. 
Seriously. 
These were delicious!


If you like tater-tots, I am sure you will like zucchini tots. 
Tons of flavor and much healthier.

My only regret, not making more. I ate all of them.

So double this baby and enjoy!

Recipe courtesy of Curious Country Cook
Ingredients:
1 large zucchini
1 egg
1/4 cup  bread crumbs, any flavor/season/type
1/4 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese, grated ( I used kraft)
1/4 onion, chopped
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions: 
Preheat oven 400 F.
Non-stick a mini muffin tin.
Grate zucchini into a cup. Place in a clean dish towel or paper towels and pat dry (helps crisp tots).
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Spoon approx 1 tbs into each mini muffin tin compartment.
Spray tops with a little cooking spray --I used my misto filled with olive oil.

Bake for 15-20 min until mini tots are golden brown all a round.
 
Serve with some marinara sauce or salsa.

ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment