Monday, October 15, 2012

No Sweets Week

Alright. 
This is my second attempt at no sweets for
 one whole week. 

This is not just no candy or dessert (which I normally help myself to every night...don't worry it's within my calorie count) this is a "no food that doesn't have natural sugar built in it" week. 

THIS IS HARD

 You have to constantly read labels and think outside the box but....

THIS IS REWARDING. 

The last time I did no sweets week it was the week of  
Valentine's Day
Talk about temptation week.
 Cookies, cupcakes, and chocolates galore were being thrown at me from every angle.
 But you know what....
I used self discipline, said no thank you, and by the end of the week I was 2lbs lighter!!!!
 (A HUGE LEAP FROM MY NO WEIGHT LOSS IN OVER A MONTH, PLATEAU STRUGGLE)

After that I was sold. 
I figure it must have been just enough of a change to kick my plateau in the bottom, 
change my digestive system and get the ball rolling on my final steps towards my weight goal  
(which I reached a month later!!! 133lbs from 180lbs) 

So why do it again? 
Well, since being married I picked up a few of those pounds, 
seriously not in a bad way,
 but I did find myself giving into the sweets a little too much. 
So No Sweets Week it is!

Also, I found last time that by not having sugar for a week I didn't crave it as much afterward.
(I'm not giving up sweets for ever, trust me!)

So give it a try and let me know your results. 

As ALWAYS, you know your body; you know your limits, so please be healthy about making a change in your diet. See your doctor if you have major medical concerns. 

NEVER STARVE YOURSELF or ABUSE YOUR BODY
Your Beautiful, Strong, and AWESOME.

Happy Healthy Living  My Friends,

~Felisha


No comments:

Post a Comment