Monday, September 2, 2013

Low Carb Greek Yogurt Pancakes




So I pretty much stole this one from my self. Greek Yogurt Pancakes are my favorite "normal" pancake to make, but the carbs can add up quickly. I'm trying to rotate my carb intake now, so I needed something that was going to allow me to fulfill my craving for pancakes on my low carb days.

Bring in the oatmeal.
copyright bobsredmill

Rolled oats are a fantastic alternative to flour, when ground up, and can be gluten free! yeah!

It's also a 1:1 ratio so no tricky measuring, just use the same amount of oats as you would flour.


Now, you can buy rolled oat flour, or you can buy regular oats and the blend them yourself (that's what I do).

I love using ground rolled oats in muffins, cakes, and cookies too!

Alright, ready for some awesome high protein, low carb pancakes? Go.

Makes ~10 pancakes
Ingredients
1 large egg
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cups rolled oats, blended
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk--the more milk you use the thinner the batter, your choice)
Optional (my favs):
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder 



Directions
Heat a large skillet on Medium heat.
Blend your 1/2 cup rolled oats to a fine powder and place in a medium bowl.
Then whisk in your greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
Add cinnamon and protein powder, if desired.

Scoop and pour batter and evenly  into the heated skillet. (I use a 1/4 cup to scoop, pour and even out the batter)
Cook until bubbles start to pop on top of the batter and then flip.
Cook for another 45-60 sec.
Repeat until all batter is gone.

Top with some delicious fruit, or jam (blueberry jam is my favorite!)
ENJOY!!!




Nutrition Information: 
Serving size ~5 pancakes
172 Cal * 19 carbs *4.5g Fat* 21.5g Protein * 2.5 g Fiber*

 P.S. It's okay, you can eat them all and still be under 350 calories and have 43g of protein: I DID!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
    any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and
    was hoping maybe you would have some experience with
    something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your
    new updates.

    Also visit my web site; Weight Loss Supplements

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Well, this may be tabo to some people but I actually don't have a Twitter account. It just never seemed appealing to me. Sorry. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete