Saturday, September 8, 2012

EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH




This was my first time trying this...chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) recipe. I was nervous but they turned out pretty good.I think the dough itself could have been sweeter so I baked them and once the chocolate melted all over them I was in heaven. SCRUMPTIOUS!

 Recipe adapted from greenlitebites.com, chocolatecoveredkatie.com, texanerin.com. (yup they all have something a little different so I thought I would try them all!)

Ingredients:
  • 1 can of chickpeas (drained and dried well)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract ( I love the taste of vanilla, feel free to use less)
  • 2 tbs of PB2 (or any natural nut butter)
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 1 tbs agave
  • 2 tbs of ground flax seed (I made my own in my little blender)
  • 1/4 cup almond milk (any kind you like!)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips!
  • any type of sweetener you want. Taste test as you go!!! :)
Directions:
*I used a blender (VERY HARD)but do-able so have no fear, but if you have a food processor you're golden!
Place milk, vanilla, honey, agave, chickpeas, salt, pb2 (or nut butter), and ground flax seed in blender or food processor and BLEND until smooth and creamy.

If using a blender, use LOW setting and you may have to stop, mix, and start several times to make sure all chickpeas are being blended.You may also want to try adding a little more milk, but I didn't need to.

Then fold in chocolate chips with spoon or spatula...
THEN EAT!!!

 SO WHY DO I HAVE 2 DIFFERENT PICTURES OF COOKIES?
Because I decided to bake mine!

preheat oven 350 degrees

The miss-shaped gloop one to the left, is a fully 12 min baked cookie. Delicious, but not really cookie form.

So, taking from chocolatecoveredkatie, and Texanerin, I added in a little more than 1/8 tsp of BAKING POWDER and they came out flatter and still DELICIOUS!

 

ENJOY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog and love it! We have the same favorite foods it seems since every recipe i see you have made are some of the things i also make! I just made chocolate chip cookies with chickpeas. They are on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummmy! I love these too! Thank you for stopping by and letting me know you like my blog!

      Delete