Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mug Chocolate Protein Cake



The post-workout dessert is my favorite. 


I have to workout after work which puts my dinner and/or my 6th meal( snack) after the fact.
Now, I am trying my best to stick the the rule of "no starchy carbs after 7 pm" ~3 hours before I go to bed,  and it's hard, until I found this! 

Packed full of protein, I can now have my cake and eat it too!!! 

Chocolate cake, on a bed of greek yogurt surrounded by sweet slices of banana. Yummy. 

Oh and bonus, it only takes about 2 minutes to make. 

Adapted from Sprint to the Table
Ingredients: 
3 tbs egg whites
1/4 cup oats (blended)*
1 truvia packet
1/2 tbs ground flaxseed
2 tsp cocoa powder

1/4 cup greed yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 truvia packet
cinnamon to taste
chopped banana

*I took 1/4 cup rolled oats and pulse blended them until they became a powder.

Directions: 
Thoroughly mix blended oats, flaxseed, egg whites, truvia packet, and cocoa powder in a mug.

Microwave for ~1 min until cooked. 

Stir together greek yogurt, vanilla, truvia, and cinnamon in a small bowl . 
Gently remove cake from mug and place on top of greek yogurt. garnish with chopped banana. 

ENJOY!!!!
Nutritional Information:
222 cal * 31 carbs * 5g fat * 18g protein* 6 fiber*

No comments:

Post a Comment