Monday, April 15, 2013

LiveFit Phase 2 Week 5

 




I had a love hate relationship with this first week of phase 2. I LOOOVED the addition of cardio but the longer workouts were not fun.

Seriously,  I am already pressed for time running straight  from work to the gym and having only  about an hour to get it all done. So my rests are shortened, making me more tired.

And, I hate to admit it, but I skipped the last leg workout....Gah I know, but I was so busy this weekend that that 6th workout day was too much.

BUT I WILL KEEP ON! Have you seen my Phase 1 Results? After those, how can I not.


So here we go.

Weight Lifting Tip:

Do not be afraid of free weights in the weights section...yes that section...you know which one I am talking about. 
Machines are great and can really help with form but free weights give you more versatility and  whole body stabilization .   Also, more muscle groups are at work when using free weights giving you a better workout.
Free weights are great alternatives if you don't have a specific machine to work a specific muscle group but use with care and caution, always with proper form, knowledge, and technique. 

Need help figuring out how to start? Bodybuilding.com has a great workout database. If you select a workout it will show you the proper form and technique as well as alternative exercises if applicable. Check it out!


Food Tip:
It is not often we hear healthy and fat in the same sentence. But they excist: healthy fats. 

Some of theses include Almonds, Almond butter, Avocado, Brazil nuts, Peanuts, Peanut butter, Walnuts Coconut oil, Sunflower oil, Olive oil, Fish oil, and Flax seed to name a few. 

Our bodies need fat to burn fat so don't  be afraid to eat your healthy fats! 

Want to read more about my progress and the program? 
CLICK HERE and scroll down





 

No comments:

Post a Comment