Thursday, February 28, 2013

Zucchini Chips



Snacks are  very important to me. 

On my weight loss journey I learned the power of eating and eating often but in small portions; i.e. the snack.

I planned out an eating schedule that allowed me 2-3 snacks a day and found that I was less hungry, and more energized.

The schedule was, and pretty much still is, as follows:

7-8 am: Breakfast: Most important meal of the day!!!!
10-11 am- Snack
1-2 pm Lunch
3-4 pm Snack
6-7 pm Dinner
8-830- Snack/Dessert.

Now I am a person who loves variety, so I love finding new and creative snacks for myself to enjoy; and these are one of them!

They are sooo easy to make, hit that salty and cheesy crave spot, and, of course, are healthy!

So make a batch or make two to share!

Recipe adapted from Dashing Dish
Ingredients:
1 zucchini

1-2 egg white whites
2 tbs reduced fat Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbs bread crumbs
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste


Directions: 
Preheat oven 450 F.
Line a baking sheet with foil.
Place egg whites in a small bowl.
Mix together Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and salt and pepper in another small bowl.
Slice Zucchini into small chips--the thinner the crisper.
Dip sliced zucchini in egg whites then bread mixture.
Place on lined baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray/olive oil.

Bake for 7 min. Flip chips, spray again and bake for another 7-9 min until a crisp golden brown.

Server warm.

ENJOY!!!!

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment