Monday, February 25, 2013

Seasoned Chicken Spinach Roll Ups



I have been wanting to make roll ups since I saw them pop up in the food blogging world but I hardly ever have lasagna noodles. Odd I know, but it's just not a meal I go for.

However, when the recipe came back into my mind, I found exactly 6 noodles left from a lasagna dinner I had made for some friends months earlier and was overjoyed that I could make this for my husband and I for dinner.


It's so easy and a fun alternative to the lasagna noodle stacking method.
It's also quite versatile. I've seen classic beef lasagna roll ups, alfredo chicken roll ups, veggie roll ups, caprese roll ups, even enchilada roll ups!


So don't be afraid to experiment and make this meal a fun one!


Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, cooked & seasoned
6-9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 cup pasta sauce
1 cup spinach, shredded
~ 1cup shredded cheese, your choice
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Cook lasagna noodles according to package.
Shred cooked and seasoned chicken--I used my stand mixer!
Season shredded spinach with garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Preheat oven 350 F.
When noodles are done gently remove them from water and place lengthwise on a clean surface.Pat dry with towel.
Non-stick a 8x8 pan and pour 1/2 cup pasta sauce on the bottom, spreading it out evenly.
Spoon about 2 tbs of pasta sauce onto each lasagna noodle, spreading it out evenly.
Add shredding chicken, then spinach, then ~1/4 cup cheese, on top of noodle strips.

Gently roll up noodles, lifting slightly as you roll to keep it from smooshing out its inner parts. Lay seam side down in pan.
Pour some more pasta sauce over the top of the rolls, and sprinkle with cheese as desired.
Bake for 25 min or until cheese is melted and has a lightly golden top.

Serve with a side salad and roll
Sorry my photos are lame, my camera battery died so I had to use a regular digital...

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment