Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cinnamon Raisin Bread



I love my bread machine. 


I love it. 
Did I mention, I love it? 
Yes. 
It's true. 
I love bread, and my machine makes it for me. 
What more can I ask for? 

So here is a wonderful, pretty healthy, delicious for breakfast, snacks, and dessert, cinnamony sweet raisin bread; for your bread machine!

Recipe adapted from food.com and 100 days of real food

Ingredients: 
yields 1.5lb loaf 
1 cup warm water *
1 1/2 cup bread flour**
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs honey
2 tbs sugar 
1 tbs brown sugar 
2 1/4 tsp bread yeast/Fast acting yeast.
1 cup raisins, soaked**

 Directions: 
 * I microwaved the water for 1 min.
**Bread flour is the best for bread machines and almost always generates wonderful, RISEN, bread; however, the original recipes use all-purpose flour.
** Soak your raisins for 5 min in boiling water to make then large and full.  Then toss in some flour before adding to the machine.

Follow the instructions for your bread machine the order the liquids and dry ingredients go in. My water goes in first, then flour, then the rest. 


Make sure that none of your ingredients touch each other before you start. Add yeast last, by making drilling a small whole in the flour with your finger (preferably the middle of the bread pan) and fill with yeast. 

Set machine to "Sweet" and "Light Crust" (Mine was 3:00hrs).

***I made this overnight, meaning I set the timer to delay until 3 hours before I woke up, that way, when I woke up, I woke to the smell of sweet cinnamon!****

When done, cool on rack for 15 min. 
Enjoy plain or toasted; My husband and I loved both!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment