Monday, June 10, 2013

Balsamic Pineapple Chops

Pineapple is a terrific fruit.
 It has a distinct sweet and tangy  flavor that really stands out to my palate.

I admit however, that I usually only bake with fruit, not cook with it. Now, I have make some amazing sweet and sour chicken with pineapple, and that was a huge hit; but to me, thinking about pairing meat and fruit together--no pun intended--just doesn't cross my mind when I think of dinner.

And I know, there are some pretty amazing dishes out there that add fruit to the main course--peaches especially-- so I hope this recipe can be the start of a new way of cooking for me.

To fruit!

Ingredients:
4 center cut pork chops,
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can pineapple, diced

Directions: 
Trim any fat off the pork chops as desired.
Whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic powder salt pepper, and chopped onion. Place the marinade in Ziploc back along with pork chops. Seal and then shake/mix everything together so that pork chops are well covered.
Let sit in the fridge for 15-30 min (this can marinate overnight, if desired)
Heat a large skillet on medium high heat.
Take out the bag of marinated chops and dump the entire contents of the bag into the skillet.

Sear each side of of the pork chop for 2 minutes so that each side has  a nice browned edge.

Reduce heat to medium low and add the entire can of diced pineapple along with juices over the pork  chops. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 min. (During this time you can make some amazing side  dish!)

Remove the chops from heat and let rest for 3 min.

Plate chops and top with extra juice from the pan and some pineapple .


Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment