Sunday, January 27, 2013

Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing



Ranch is not my favorite salad dressing, BUT I sure did love it as dip for many many other foods. However, along with many other foods during my healthy lifestyle change, ranch was almost eliminated. 
BUT NOT NOW!!!!!


Thank goodness for the wonderful person who posted this recipe and also that person who pinned it on Pinterest. 

Using my all time favorite healthy food: Greek Yogurt, how can I not love this. 

With only 2 ingredients and 200x more healthy for you, you can't go wrong.

                                  So make some and dip your veggies in it!


Ingredients:
1 packet ranch "DIPS" mix (NOT the salad dressing mix)
1 cup of Plain greek yogurt
*optional: 1/2 cup of milk (makes it more liquid-y, perfect for salad dressing, but if you want a thick dip omit)

Directions:
Mix it all together in a small bowl. 
Serve with your favorite veggies, or drizzle over a salad. 

Gahhh so good. 

ENJOY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a few suggestions as I tried this for my dinner salad tonight. Note that I followed the directions and used the "dip" packet. As a dip, one packet of dip makes it VERY salty. I would suggested using HALF of the packet. As a dressing, the flavor is dead on, but 1/2 a cup of milk literally makes it the consistency of milk. I would use 1/3 cup of milk to keep it a little pasty. Just my opinion. Thank you for the great idea!! Saved me TONS of calories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestions. As listed above adding the milk is optional. You'd be surprised how many people like runny dressing. Me, I prefer thick and creamy so I skipped it. I am all for salty but again personal preference. I am glad this help you! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

      Delete