Sunday, September 16, 2012

L.T.W. (Lettuce.Turkey. Wrap.)

-->

I wanted a different alternative to the "sandwich lunch" and didn't want the "frozen meal" so I had a L.T.W.!!!!

L.T.W....???



Lettuce Turkey Wrap...duh!


Ingredients:
  • 2 large Romain lettuce leaves (you can use other greens, just make sure they are large)
  • 2 large slices of deli turkey (I got mine sliced right from the deli NO PREPACKAGED)
  • 1 slice of cheese..Your choice! (I have a cube of cheese, I cut of a small slab)
  • Cherry tomatoes (Got mine at the farmers market!)
  • *Optional:1 TBS plain Greek yogurt
  • *Optional:1-2 tsp dijon mustard (up to you on the taste)
  • *Optional: pinch of paprika
Directions: 

Wash and pat dry leaves. Mix greek yogurt, dijon mustard, and paprika in a bowl. Spread evenly between the two leaves. Place 1 slice of turkey per leave. Cut cheese in small bite size pieces (you can use shredded) and lay on top of turkey. Place desired amount of cherry tomatoes on top of the turkey, next to the cheese.
Gently roll the leaf "hot dog style" or "burrito style" while tucking in the leaf's ends. Place tooth picks through the wrap to hold together.

* I paired my wraps with unsweetened applesauce and homemade granola. Yummy, healthy, lunch.

ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment